Please Feel Free To Contact Us. We Will Get Back To You With 1-2 Business Days.
(+971) 24 45 05 52
VAT Registration, Deregistration and Amendment
- VAT Registration is mandatory for companies and individuals doing businesses having a turnover of more than AED 375,000/-
- A business may choose to register for VAT voluntarily if their supplies and imports are less than the mandatory registration threshold, but exceed the voluntary registration threshold of AED 187,500.Similarly, a business may register voluntarily if their expenses exceed the voluntary registration threshold. This latter opportunity to register voluntarily is designed to enable start-up businesses with no turnover to register for VAT.
Documents and information required for VAT Registration in the UAE
- Documents identifying the authorized signatory e.g. passport copy, Emirates ID
- Trade license copy of the company
- Other official documents authorizing the entity/individual to conduct activities within the UAE e.g. certificate of incorporation, articles of association, power of attorney etc.
- Description of business activities
- Turnover for the last 12 months in AED
- Supporting document for 12-month sales
- Expected turnover in next 30 days
- Estimated value of imports for one year from each GCC countries
- Estimated value of exports for one year to each GCC countries
- Whether you expect to deal with GCC suppliers or customers
- Supporting documents for customs registration in each Emirates if applicable.
- Details of Bank Account
VAT deregistration of TRN from the FTA is required in certain cases.
- Stops making Taxable Supplies.
- The value of the Taxable Supplies made over a period of (12) consecutive months is less than AED 187,500.
- VAT Deregistration must be applied within the 20 days of the above-mentioned situations.
If you are registered for VAT and any circumstances occur that will impact your Tax records kept by the FTA, as provided during your registration, you must inform the FTA by updating your records within 20 business days from the occurrence of such circumstances.
Amendments that do not require approval from the FTA
- Business activities of the applicant section
- GCC Activities section
- Customs Registration Information section
Amendments that require approval from the FTA
- Details of the applicant
- Contact details
- Banking details of the applicant
- Business relationships
- About the VAT application